Managing Storm Damaged Trees
Although they’re usually viewed as being really durable and permanent, trees can certainly come to be defenceless in adverse weather such as strong winds and storms. Powerful storms and very high winds have been seen to decimate trees and tear even the healthiest and sturdiest trees out of the ground, sending them smashing to the ground, or onto neighbours’ gardens, power lines, vehicles, and buildings.
How many times following a storm have you heard about dislodged branches and storm-damaged trees blocking the road or damaging property. In addition to the inconvenience and danger it also may cause costly repairs.
The toughest decision after a storm isn’t specifically how to dispose of the trees that have definitely fallen down, that’s pretty straightforward. The more difficult possibility is whether or not some of the trees remaining upright can be saved.
Certain trees that have been moderately affected in the windstorm may pose a potential threat and may have to be cut down and took out to prevent putting people & property in danger in several months or even years ahead.
Some other trees could be preserved by being pruned back, with their most affected sections being ‘severed’ similar to how a surgeon may take off a gangrenous limb. Others might need to get staked with guy wires or supported with various other supports up until they can re-develop the root structure they need to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to fall on buildings, our tree professionals can be relied upon to remove the affected trees safely, quickly and efficiently to allow the building and construction companies easy access to the building to begin repairs on the damaged properties and power cables.
Contact Us Now To Get A Free No Obligation Quotation
Different Types Of Storm Damage
All of these kinds of damage leads to a varied outlook for the trees’ future survival, but forming a diagnosis is a task best entrusted to a fully certified arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is much more likely to overlook a small detail that may separate one decision from another, such as seeing the splinters from a crown twist but failing to see the slight lean that indicates that the roots also snapped.
There are generally 6 kinds of storm damage that a tree can’t generally sustain:
- Blowovers – this is where the complete tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree cracks above the earth, making the crown to come down or to angle strongly whilst the lower section stays standing normally.
- Root Failures – is where the root systems of the tree tear beneath the earth, leading to the tree leaning or swaying significantly.
- Branch Failures – is where several limbs of the tree break off.
- Crown Twists – is where the trunk of the tree rotates enough to split, but stays up. This happens most often on trees with extremely lopsided crowns. The complete crown ultimately becomes a weathervane in a storm, twisting to follow the wind in a way that the trunk can not.
- Lightening Hits – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, at the moment. Lightening strikes have a lot of additional effects like massive water loss and opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin, so a lightening-hit tree is typically at a substantially greater risk to fall even if it survived the original windstorm.
Maintaining Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree specialists will not only dispose of upended trees properly and with no additional damage to buildings, but they will also be able to give practical suggestions on just how to save or preserve existing trees that are still left standing, although they might have been harmed in the windstorm. Our highly knowledgeable crew can review the situation on your property and inform you which trees have gotten more than enough damage that they would die whether or not they were carefully raised and replanted.
24-Hour Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Service
If you find your self in need of a local 24 hour emergency tree surgeon then our professional tree surgeons will definitely get on site at the earliest possibility to assess the scenario and inform you of any remedial approaches available.
If we can’t fully clear away the tree, we’ll at the very least restore a good amount of easy access and revisit at the earliest chance to undertake a safe and complete clearing of your fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are even applicable for any incidents like vehicle collisions. We can additionally inspect the surrounding trees for any concealed harm and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if required.
Tree Removal Service Edinburgh
Even on the floor, tree surgery demands technical skill and experience, it is a lot more complicated than merely using a chainsaw to a tree. Without having proper equipment, competence and experience, you should never try tree surgery. If the tree fell as a result of damages, there may be more risks of some other falling limbs. By no means risk your personal basic safety to remove a fallen limb, call your local Edinburgh tree surgeon professionals.
For a free no obligation quotation on any sort of tree tasks give us a call right now.