Managing Storm Damaged Trees
Though they’re usually viewed as being sturdy and permanent, trees can certainly come to be at risk in extreme weather such as storms & strong winds. Powerful storms and very high winds have been seen to decimate trees and tear even the healthiest & sturdiest trees out of the ground, sending them plunging to the ground, or onto neighbours’ gardens, power lines, vehicles, and buildings.
How many times after a storm have you heard about dislodged branches and storm-damaged trees blocking the road or damaging property. Aside from the inconvenience and danger it also may cause costly repairs.
The toughest decision after a storm isn’t how to deal with the trees that are definitely down, that’s pretty straightforward. The more difficult possibility is whether or not some of the trees still upright can be saved.
Certain trees that have been moderately affected in the storm may pose a potential future threat and may have to be cut down and took out to avoid putting people and property at risk in months or even years ahead.
Some other trees maybe preserved by being pruned back, with their most affected parts being ‘cut off’ similar to how a surgeon may take off a gangrenous limb. Others might need to get staked with guy wires or supported with various other supports up until they can re-develop the root structure they need to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to fall on buildings, our tree specialists can be relied upon to remove the affected trees safely, quickly and efficiently to allow the building and construction companies easy access to the property to begin restorations on the damaged properties and power lines.
Call Us Now To Get A Free No Obligation Quotation
Different Sorts Of Storm Damage
All of these types of damage results in a distinct outlook for the trees’ future survival, but forming a diagnosis is a task best entrusted to a fully certified arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is much more likely to overlook a small detail that may differentiate one decision from another, such as seeing the splinters from a crown twist but missing the slight lean that indicates that the roots also snapped.
There are generally 6 kinds of storm damage that a tree can’t generally sustain:
- Blowovers – this is where the entire tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree cracks above the ground, making the crown to fall or angle strongly whilst the lower section stays standing normally.
- Root Failures – is when the root systems of the tree tear underneath the ground, resulting in the tree leaning or swinging considerably.
- Branch Failures – is where several branches of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is when the trunk of the tree rotates enough to split, but stays up. This happens most often on trees with extremely lopsided crowns. The entire crown ultimately becomes a weathervane in a storm, twisting to follow the wind in a way that the trunk can not.
- Lightening Hits – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, at the moment. Lightening strikes have a lot of secondary effects such as massive water loss and opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin, so a tree hit by lightening is always at a substantially increased risk to drop despite the fact that it survived the original storm.
Maintaining Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree contractors will not only dispose of upended trees properly and with no more damage to buildings, but they will additionally have the ability to give you practical suggestions on just how to save or preserve existing trees that are still left standing, although they may have been harmed in the storm. Our highly qualified crew can review the situation on your property and inform you which trees have gotten more than enough damage that they would die whether or not they were carefully raised and replanted.
24-Hour Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find yourself in need of a local 24 hour emergency tree surgeon then our professional tree surgeons will be on site at the earliest possibility to assess the scenario and inform you of any remedial solutions available.
If we can’t fully eliminate the tree, we’ll at least restore a good amount of access and revisit at the earliest possibility to perform a safe and complete clearing of the fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are even applicable for any incidents such as vehicle collisions. We will additionally inspect the surrounding trees for any hidden harm and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if needed.
Tree Removal Service Edinburgh
Even on the floor, tree surgery demands experience and technical skill, it is a lot more complex than just using a chainsaw to a tree. Without having proper equipment, experience and competence, you should not try tree surgery. If the tree fell because of damages, there may be more real dangers of some other falling branches. Never risk your personal basic safety to remove a fallen limb, call your local Edinburgh tree surgeon professionals.
For a free no obligation quotation on any sort of tree tasks give us a call right now.